March will be Alumni Appreciation Month at Crummer
Slate of programming includes guest speakers, Rollins-wide events, and networking opportunities.
As part of the School’s ongoing commitment to bringing high-quality, valuable programming to our alumni community during these challenging times, Crummer is excited to present Crummer Alumni Appreciation Month during the month of March.
The month will be chock full of events designed to keep you connected as a part of our Crummer Alumni family.
Here is a list of events that are scheduled so far. More information and registration are to follow:
Wednesday March 3rd – Virtual Career & Networking Event:
- The Crummer and Rollins Career Centers are pleased to invite alumni and students to an interactive, virtual evening of networking and recruiting. Meet representatives from top employers seeking candidates for internships and full-time positions as well as learn about companies from a variety of industries. Register for this event and schedule time(s) to meet with employers on Handshake. Are you hiring talent in 2021? Contact the Career Resource Center by February 19 to join the event as an employer.
Friday March 5th – 7th: Rollins Alumni Weekend:
- Rollins is bringing the sights are sounds of Alumni Weekend to you! Click here for more details on the full list of the Weekend’s virtual events.
Thursday, March 11th – Crummer Connections: Fireside Chat with Patrick de la Roza `08MBA, SVP and GM of Vocera EASE:
- Patrick de la Roza, founder of the EASE app, which provides an important bridge between the care team and family, will share his journey from a Crummer PMBA student, to participating and winning the Crummer Rollins Venture Plan Competition, and to eventually getting successfully acquired by Vocera in August 2020.
Thursday, March 18th – Crummer Venture Plan Competition Finals:
- The Crummer Rollins Venture Plan Competition is the region’s largest business plan pitch competition with over $100,000 in prizes. Of the 34 companies that have been finalists for the competition since 2005, 27 are in business today. Together those 27 companies have generated over $55 million in revenue, raised $36 million in investment capital, and employ over 374 people. And, two of our past 1st place winners were successfully acquired in 2020!
Wednesday, March 24 – Crummer Connections Virtual Social Event:
- Mix and mingle with alumni and students from across the globe during this interactive, virtual event. Join us for group activities, networking opportunities, and more!
Friday, March 26th – Alumni Referral Day
- Join us in celebrating our founder, Roy E. Crummer’s birthday, by helping to give one of the greatest gifts – an education. We know that alumni like you, who have experienced Crummer firsthand, are our best advocates, and the best MBA and Executive Doctorate in Business Administration candidates often come from referrals by members of our Crummer community. We invite you to tell us about a friend, family member, or colleague you think could benefit from a Crummer graduate business degree. If your referral is accepted, we will award a $2,500 tuition scholarship in your name!
Tuesday, March 30th – Giving Day
- Giving Day is one day when Crummer & Rollins alumni, students, faculty, staff and friends come together to celebrate the impact Crummer has on each of us. This virtual fundraising event is an opportunity for everyone to participate to show our collective impact and support.
Wednesday, March 31st – Book Club Event
- The Crummer Connections: Book Club is an online community that reads books covering professional development, lifelong learning, personal growth, and other business and career related topics. The next title is 21st Century Corporate Citizenship: A Practical Guide to Delivering Value to Society and Your Business by Dave Stangis and Katherine Valvoda Smith. The book club book discussion will be led by Dr. Keith Whittingham, Associate Professor of Management Science.
In coming weeks, you will also see the return of the Crummer Connections: Podcast and Video series. The Crummer Alumni Relations team is also working on the release of a new, online Alumni Community platform, a flagship project to keep the alumni community connected and updated in a centralized location.